Once you have been informed by the Energy Training Foundation (EnTF) that you have attained a pass-mark on your Certification examination you will receive complete electronic instruction for Certification application. This page serves to provide a guideline of what you could expect only.
The Certification application requires the following:
- Two letters of reference from superiors or colleagues at your company.
- One letter of employment verification from your company.
- If you are self-employed, three different client verification letters.
- Your CV as well as copies of your qualifications certificates.
- Besides your personal information the form requests:
- A list of your highest qualifications with details and scanned copy of qualifications
- Your experience record.
Scoring by the review board
There are three aspects that count to Certification:
- Your pass-mark (out of 100%): without a 70%+ pass-mark you do not proceed to the next steps.
- Your qualifications (350 points): the higher the qualification, the closer your points come to the maximum of 350.
- Your experience (350 points): the number of years of experience and the comprehensiveness of the experience counts towards the maximum points.
Pointers to completing the experience record division
Note: these pointers are indicative of the type of things that could be listed and information should not be limited to this list provided.
- Ensure that your experience record reflects related experience to the Certification you are applying for
- The knowledge you have gained through working in the energy industry, and the difference the actions you have taken has made to energy consumption must be clearly stated and quantified
- List all projects you have worked on throughout your career
- Include details like the magnitude of energy consumption, the processes followed and initiative implemented to institute energy savings
- Provide statistics for each project on what energy savings were achieved
- Indicate the time-frame of a project to demonstrate the years of experience
- Make sure to list a variety of experience that reflects your capabilities in the fields which you have achieved, in other words, don’t limit your list to a few projects of the same